Skip to main content

I just found out that on my court records and arrest records they have the wrong birthday for me. Can my case get dismissed?

Effingham, IL |

it is a felony case and I am first time offender

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


That is an easy correction. Your case will not be dismissed for a wrong d.o.b.




The error is not cause for a dismissal.


That would be considered a scrivener's error which can be easily corrected without being fatal to the State'd case. Your case will not be dismissed for an error like this.


That would be nice, but no the case will not be dismissed because of a wrong birthdate.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer