I just found out that my tubes were not tide they were burned and my consent form is missing out of my records.

Okeechobee, FL |

My medical notes also had in there notes from the nurse I had 11 years ago requesting for my tubes to be only tide is not there as well, can I still go after this doctor? Because I am now married and my husband does not have any kids and we wish to have a child and now we cannot. What can I do about this? Can anyone please give some advise about this!

I got most of my medical records on this matter but there are some that are missing.

1. This does not sound like a viable case at this point to me.

Please CLICK the button if I HELPED or was BEST ANSWER. We also answer your questions on facebook- www.facebook.com/knowthelawyer, on twitter- @athleticslawyer and our radio show, Courts & Sports, on WOKV. Please like or follow us. No attorney-client relationship is established and responses here are general first impressions. You should consult with a lawyer about your problems. More about our firm is located at www.knowthelawyer.com.

2. There are deadlines to filing cases known as statutes of limitations, and it would be best to contact a local lawyer to ascertain whether there is any exception to the statute applicable to you. Good luck to you.

The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    http://www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

3. Now that I have seen this version of your question, the damages of which you are complaining are those which I had expected, and I am very sorry to say that my previous answer stands. Florida's medical malpractice statute mandates that an action for medical malpractice must be initiated "two years from the date on which the party complaining that he or she was injured as a consequence of medical negligence discovered that he or she was injured as a consequence thereof or two years from the time that a reasonable person with the exercise of due diligence would have discovered that he or she had suffered injury or harm as a consequence of medical negligence is the party is not immediately aware of the relationship between the injury and the negligent conduct at the time of the negligent conduct, up to an outer bound of four years." If, however, a party can prove that he or she could not have discovered the relationship between his or her injuries and the medical negligence as a consequence of deliberate acts of fraud on the part of the doctor or entity alleged to have provided care below the community standard for reasonable, prudent, similarly situated providers the outer bound can be extended to a maximum of seven years from the date of the actual negligent acts or omissions. Personally, I have never seen the seven year period successfully argued, but even if it were not incredibly difficult to do so, you would even be beyond this time period.

I am terribly sorry to hear what you are going through and it is disturbing that some of your documents seem to be missing; however, the documents you are looking for may in fact prove that you were properly informed before the procedure was undertaken. It was after all quite a long time ago.

We are pleased to offer a free thirty (30) minute initial telephone consultation, or, if possible, will attempt to schedule a free thirty (30) minute initial office consultation. Neither this offer of a free initial consultation, nor the mere fact that the initial consultation may have ultimately been conducted, whether telephonically or at our office location, should be construed; assumed; interpreted; or understood by any individual who was granted a free initial consultation for which no consideration of any sort whatsoever was tendered, to have formed or created an attorney-client relationship, or to have created any obligations owed by the attorney or attorney's firm to any individual who was given a free initial consultation, by the mere undertaking of the free initial consultation for which no consideration of any sort was tendered to attorney or attorney's firm. The formation of an attorney-client relationship occurs through the process of negotiation between the prospective parties, the individual seeking legal representation, and the attorney, acting individually, or as an agent of a firm (the capacity in which the attorney is acting shall be disclosed to prospective client, if negotiations for legal representation in exchange for good and valuable consideration are undertaken by the prospective client and the attorney. If agreement is reached by and between the parties for legal representation after the mutually satisfactory negotiation of the agreement for legal representation, and all of its individual terms; the scope of representation to be provided by the attorney to the prospective client has been delineated to the mutual satisfaction of the parties; the manner of payment of good and valuable consideration by the prospective client to the attorney has been determined; and it has been conceded by the parties that all of those factors upon which agreement had been reached by the parties and which were recited herein, had been agreed upon by the parties only after careful consideration and sufficient review of the document styled Agreement for Legal Representation, and after it has likewise been conceded by the parties that each respectively had been presented with the opportunity to have the document reviewed independently by each respective party's personal attorney, or any other attorney of his or her chooosing. If the Agreement for Legal Representation contains terms regarding contingency fee agreement or agreements for payment to the attorney for all or a portion of his or her services and legal representation on behalf of the Client, Client concedes that he or she has been presented with an additional document entitled "Statement of Client's Rights", which is a document created by the Florida Bar and approved for use in matters in which payment in full or part, is tendered by contingency fee agreement. Please note that any commentary or response offered through this site is based on the limited set of facts and background data supplied by the individual framing the question and would in all likelihood require more investigation before a complete response could properly be framed to thoroughly answer the question posed. No attorney-client relationship is, or should be presumed to be, formed through the comments or responses provided to the individual posing the question, as a courtesy, here, through this forum, nor should any other duties or obligations be construed; assumed; or otherwise be inferred to exist and/or owed to the individual who posed the question by the attorney who provided the best guidance possible to said individual under the circumstances presented as they were, including the unreasonable assumption that a full and thorough legal analysis of an individual's situation could be formulated simply based on the minute portion of the entirety of the facts and circumstances surrounding any legal matter, which could in no manner possibly be presented here in such a form which would allow for a thorough analysis, evaluation, or legal opinion to be formed by the Attorney.