I just found out that my case was rescheduled...good sign or not? What's the best thing to plea?

Hampton, GA |

I was arrested while in another persons vehicle for possession of marijuana..it was a blunt rolled in the dash. Also, the officer didnt read me my rights. I was prepared for court but I was told its rescheduled for next month. Is that a good sign? And even though I was thrown under the bus that night, I don't want to take full responsibility. But I know that's going to be the chief argument. What's the best thing for me to do?

1. Hire a local criminal attorney asap. If you can't afford an attorney, ask the court to appoint one for you. Plead not guilty. Don't talk to law enforcement ever again. Best of luck.

2. You need to retain a criminal defense attorney or have public defender appointed by the court if you cannot afford one. Having the matter rescheduled is neither good nor bad. It simply means that the prosecutor or the court had a conflict which needed to be worked around.

Attorney is Licensed in Arizona, California, and Colorado only. The opinions and comments offered are in the nature of general business advice relating to generic questions that might be raised. The use of this site is not intended to form an attorney client relationship of any kind. The reader is advised that every situation is different and you should always consult in person with a licensed attorney for the particular jurisdiction in question when your legal rights may be effected.

3. In every respect, your question proves you need a lawyer to represent you. Hire one immediately. Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

4. The fact that the case was rescheduled probably has nothing to do with the meris of the case. Clearly you need an experienced lawyer to assist you with this case since you were "thrown under the bus." Do not try to represent yourself as you may have a legal defense in your case that only an experienced lawyer will know to assert.