I just filed the I-864 for my husband with a joint sponsor. How will that effect my state assistance?

Cedar Rapids, IA |

My son is on title 19. I just filed the I-864 for my husband with a joint sponsor because I'm a student and do not work. Does that mean my son's state health insurance will be cut? I also get food stamps and unemployment while attending school. Will those be cut?

I agree with my colleague. Be sure of course that all information you provide in your I-864 is true correct and accurate and matches the information you may have provided elsewhere. As a creature of state law the question is better directed at an attorney specializing in Iowa state public benefits law and is not really an immigration question.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.

2. You are find and have not reason to worry at this point. Finish your school, find good job and get of the public assistance. Best advice I can give.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. You should be OK. It isn't you, but your son, that is on state assistance.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.