I just filed the I-864 for my husband with a joint sponsor. How will that effect my state assistance?

Asked about 1 year ago - Cedar Rapids, IA

My son is on title 19. I just filed the I-864 for my husband with a joint sponsor because I'm a student and do not work. Does that mean my son's state health insurance will be cut? I also get food stamps and unemployment while attending school. Will those be cut?

1. Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

2

Best Answer

Answered . I agree with my colleague. Be sure of course that all information you provide in your I-864 is true correct and accurate and matches the information you may have provided elsewhere. As a creature of state law the question is better directed at an attorney specializing in Iowa state public benefits law and is not really an immigration question.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

Pro

3

1

Answered . You are find and have not reason to worry at this point. Finish your school, find good job and get of the public assistance. Best advice I can give.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

1

1

Answered . You should be OK. It isn't you, but your son, that is on state assistance.