I just filed Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in Texas. I am not sure whether the type of debt categories I have will be discharged?

Asked about 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

I had a business go upside down and all lost my corporate charter. As a result, all business debt is now falling on me personally. I have unsecured liens and deficiencies (some that are now judgements), I have one unsecured lien that resulted in judgement and now has escalated to Court receivership. They want to come into business and liquidate assets to satisfy debt. I also have alleged "security deposits" due to customers and commissions due to owners that I had a contract with. As a result of unable to pay commissions as agreed in contract, these "owners" pulled the equipment I was renting for them but I still owe some commission. Are the customer deposits and commissions due able to be discharged? Also, I put them on the list but what if they do not show up at the creditors meeting.

1. Gary Alan Armstrong

Pro

5

Answered . Ditto the other lawyers. There is no way to answer this on the website, and certainly you would want the protection of attorney client privilege rather than posting these problems out for the whole world to see.

2. Scott Benjamin Riddle

5

Answered . If you don't have a lawyer, you need on badly if you don't understand the basics of what is discharged and other important matters. It is also not clear whether you filed individually or for a company (corporate, or LLC) . You may have a big problem with security deposits, depending on the terms of any agreements. Again, you need a lawyer badly.

3. Diane L Gruber

Pro

4

Answered . Good grief! This is WAY to complex for you get an accurate answer on this website. You must talk with your attorney. Good luck.

4. Lucy Magness Hebron

2

Answered . You stated that you just filed chapter 7 bankruptcy in Texas. If you filed pro se (meaning without an attorney or on your own), your issues are too complicated to address on your own and you should go get an attorney.
    If you had an attorney file your case, he or she should be able to answer the issues you raised and guide you through your bankruptcy. Best of luck to you.