I just dont know what to do? should i stay or should i go? when it comes to my foreclosed apt?

Orlando, FL |
Filed under: Property foreclosure

i was renting a condo from a 3rd party who knew the owner of said condo. I later found out that the condo was being foreclosed on and is now bank owned. i did not have a lease and stopped paying rent. i was offered cash for keys and did not take it and was given to the end of this month to move out by realtor who claims to be representing the back. i have heard so many things about someone changing my locks one day and cleaning out my apartment possibly taking all my belongings. i was so scared i changed my locks so that only i have a key but i dont know if that can stop that from happening to me one day while i am at work. i would just like to know some of the myths and exactly what i should do. ASAP

1. You should contact an attorney in your area to review your rights under the protecting tenants act. Your question has a few open items, did the bank give you notice that they have taken title? When you say the realtor gave you until the end of the month, under what authority? Generally, the bank's can't come change the locks while someone is living in the property. Further, the attorney for the bank has to file a motion to have the court give them a writ of possession before they will force you to move.

This answer is provided without full consultation and is suggestive in nature and not to be considered legal advice without entering into a formal legal engagement with an attorney. Before you decide, ask any lawyer to send you free written information about their qualifications and experience. This answer is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.