I just dont know what to do? should i stay or should i go? when it comes to my foreclosed apt?

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

i was renting a condo from a 3rd party who knew the owner of said condo. I later found out that the condo was being foreclosed on and is now bank owned. i did not have a lease and stopped paying rent. i was offered cash for keys and did not take it and was given to the end of this month to move out by realtor who claims to be representing the back. i have heard so many things about someone changing my locks one day and cleaning out my apartment possibly taking all my belongings. i was so scared i changed my locks so that only i have a key but i dont know if that can stop that from happening to me one day while i am at work. i would just like to know some of the myths and exactly what i should do. ASAP

1. Ryan Sanford Grazi

1

Answered . You should contact an attorney in your area to review your rights under the protecting tenants act. Your question has a few open items, did the bank give you notice that they have taken title? When you say the realtor gave you until the end of the month, under what authority? Generally, the bank's can't come change the locks while someone is living in the property. Further, the attorney for the bank has to file a motion to have the court give them a writ of possession before they will force you to move.