I just bought a car today and it broke down today can i take it back.

Maryville, TN |
Filed under: Lemon law Used cars

i paid $2300 i want to take it back

I take it from the price you paid this is a used car. Did the car have any type of warranty? Did the salesman make any type of promises? Did you purchase as is? Need more info to answer properly.

This answer does not constitute legal advice nor form an attorney client relationship. I am not your lawyer. If you have a legal issue in Tennessee you may contact me for a free consult.

Maybe but maybe not. Generally there is no 3 day right to cancel a car sale anywhere unless there is something written down in your sales paperwork that gives it to you, but you may not be stuck because there may be other ways to cancel the sale. In a new or used car sale, your legal rights are mostly determined by the paperwork that you sign. Look to see if anything was written down about any kind of right to cancel. After that, in most states you can’t cancel a car sale unless you can find a violation of the law that occurred during the sale and you act very quickly. For that, you need to talk to a local Consumer Law or Car Sales Fraud attorney and find out what your state laws say. For a Free Online 50 State National List of Consumer Law Lawyers, click on this link ( and find one near you (lawyers don’t pay to get listed here and most of them are members of the only national association for Consumer Law lawyers, You can also look for one here on Avvo under the Find a Lawyer tab. Or you can call your local attorney's Bar Association and ask for a referral to a Consumer Law attorney near you. But act quickly because for every legal right you have, there is only a limited amount of time to actually file a lawsuit in court or your rights expire (it's called the statute of limitations), so don't waste your time getting to a Consumer Law attorney and finding out what your rights are. If this answer was helpful, please give a “Vote UP” review below. And please be sure to indicate the best answer to your question so we can all be sure we are being helpful. Thanks for asking and Good Luck. Ron Burdge,

Did a business treat you unfairly? See what your Udap rights are to protect yourself, click here

For a Free Online 50 State National List of Consumer Law Lawyers, click here

Click here to see what your state law says is unfair and deceptive and what your legal rights are

Read this free online Avvo Legal Guide, What is Fraud?

This answer is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. The law in your state may differ and your best answer will always come from a local attorney that you meet with privately. For a Free Online 50 State National List of Consumer Law Lawyers, click on this link ( and find one near you

find a local lemon law attorney.

Lemon law topics

Recommended articles about Lemon law