I JUST ALMOST CHOKED TO DEATHON A PEICE OF PLASTIC IN A BUDWEISER BEER CAN. ARE THEY GOING TO BE RESPONSIBLE?

Asked 7 months ago - Philadelphia, PA

I JUST RECEIVED A CASE OF BEER.HAD A CAN AND OPENED THE NEXT, I THOUGHT THE FOAM HAD HIT MY LIPS. BUT THE NEXT SIP I FOUND MY SELF CHOKING, THEN THREW UP. WHEN I TOOK MY HAND FROM MY MOUTH I FOUND A SMALL UMBERULLA SHAPED PEICE OF CLEAR PLASTIC .3/4 OF AN INCH. WITH INPRINTS ON IT

Pro

10

Answered . No need to write in all CAPS unless the Eagles lose a game. Without injuries, a lawsuit would be fruitless.

2. Michael Charles Doland

8

Answered . Even though there may be liability, without significant damages, it will be difficult to find a lawyer to handle. You should consider contacting the company and asking what you can get in exchange for a release. Hope you kept the plastic and the can. If not, your chances of recovery, in court or by settlement, go way down.

Thank goodness you had no serious medical damage.

3. Lee Alan Thompson

7

Answered . You would have a claim but the valuation of the claim may be very limited. Talk to an attorney in the Philly area.

4. John L. Schroeder

7

Answered . Yes Budweiser is responsible, but you don't have a claim. You can't recover for what could have happened.

5. Leo M. Flynn

Pro

4

Answered . Although it appears you have a viable liability claim, you really have no damages. I know this is hard to fathom, but its the way it is. Thank God you are ok, and that a claim is not being brought on behalf of your estate.

6. Mark Copoulos

Pro

3

Answered . They may be liable. However, without damages it would not make sense to bring a case.

7. Philip Anthony Fabiano

2

Answered . You were sold an adulterated, defective product. Not only can there be liability against the manufacturer but there would also be liability against the distributor and the seller for selling a defective product--even if they did not know it was adulterated. However, without an injury there is no viable claim to bring. The law does not recognize what could have or might have happened, only what did happen. Fortunately from what your write, it does not appear you were injured.