Skip to main content

I I am injured I have to have a MRI. I have ins and ends 12/31/13 . Can I file a claim with bank. I got hit inside there repo

Brunswick, GA |

Marshland Credit Union sent paper ordering a repo service to pick up the boat. Service got boat, So I had to pay the boat off .I only owed one payment and repo fee 275.00 . I was less tan 90 days I think. Spoke with Frank many times about my situation. Repo serviced used the banks dirt fenced lot to store boat. Since the boat is so heavy it rolled off the broken block the repo serivice set it on. It missed the employee Michelle in the collections and hit me. I twisted my knee fleeing from the accident. Even ripped my jeans. Boat hit my shoulder and the side of my calf. not sure if it was knee or shoulder hit fiest. Knee swollen on one side and acl on the other side of knee. I saw a doctor Friday and I was told its possible I have a torn acl. Need advice on the medical bills, advise 2

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


You definitely want to hire a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.


It probably did not just roll off all on its own when you happened to be there, did it? Whose fault is it (meaning, who was messing with the boat when it rolled off)?


I recommend that you consult with a reputable attorney to discuss your case, pending MRI, and what could be medical bills that will pile up very fast. It sounds as if the boat wasn't properly secured. If that is the case then you may have a valid claim against the company. Many clients try to handle these situations on their own and end up doing more harm than good. We often reject cases because a client, whose heart is in the right place, tries to go it alone and ends up damaging their case. My professional opinion is to speak with a lawyer sooner than later.


Best to have a local personal injury lawyer investigate. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to find a top-rated Avvo attorney with a low contingency fee. Good luck.


Your situation is not as simple as you may think. Hire an atty. to explain the many twists that are possible and to run down the parties responsible. You may be surprised to find out how Ga.'s comparative negligence law sorts this out. Don't do this yourself, you need a trained liability/injury lawyer to identify the proper parties for you to assert your claims against.

Disclaimer: This response is provided to you by attorney Robert G. Rothstein (404) 216-1422 for educational and informational purposes only.No attorney-client relationship has been created hereby. Other attorneys may have different opinions or responses. If you found this response helpful, please indicate Best Answer to Avvo. Thank you.


You need an attorney immediately. An attorney needs to send a spoliation letter to anyone who owned or controlled the fenced lot alerting them to a potential liability claim and putting them on notice they are not to change ANYTHING with that lot. Meanwhile, someone needs to go down there and inspect this block to see what kind of condition it was in and take several photographs. Most importantly, you need to see make sure you get treatment for your injuries. A torn ACL is serious and can require months of therapy. Do not waste time with chiropractors. If you can prove the entity responsible for this block was negligent, you can seek damages for medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages and other financial consequences of this injury.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer