I hurt my back at work last Thursday. i reported my stiffness and pain Friday.On Monday i was sent to the company doctor who

Asked about 2 years ago - Roebuck, SC

gave me until this Wednesday off and report to light duty. Will i recieve any compensation for the time off?

In order for me to understand this. I have to be out of work for 7 days in order to collect WC.
So in my situation where this Doctor i seen yesterday tells me to report back to work on a light duty basis, i won't be eligable for compensation for the 2 days that i was out? When i report back tomorrow will i get my regular rate of pay?

1. Ryan S Montgomery

Pro

2

Answered . Not until you have missed 7 consecutive days then you could get workers comp. Some employers, not many, pay when you miss but doubtful. If I had to guess you were diagnosed with back strain. Doctor said take a few days then can reevaluate. Maybe some physical therapy. That's typically the standard in a back case regardless of what is truly wrong. Are you scheduled with an orthopedist?

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

1

Answered . It depends on how long you are away from the workplace. Your work-related injury questions are best directed to an attorney that works in the field of WC injuries.

Good luck to you!

3. David J. McCormick

1

Answered . You need to go and get treated by your own doctor, not the company doctor. Make sure you tell the office that this is a worker’s comp. claim right away. Looking at things in a different light your doctor may keep you off work longer, so do not wait to see him/her.