I hold a promissory note from a company. They refuse to pay and don't answer the phone or email. What kind of lawyer do I need?

San Diego, CA |

Delaware company doing business out of San Diego, CA
Promissory note in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.
They ARE STILL IN BUSINESS as far as I know.
I would like to use AVVO as a tool to help find a lawyer but I don't know what category to look under. Can you help?

1. What is the promissory note for? A loan? A purchase? It makes a difference with respect to the type of attorney.

twitter.com/MikaSpencer *** All legal actions have time limits, called statutes of limitation. If you miss the deadline for filing your claim, you will lose the opportunity to pursue your case. Please consult with an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible to better preserve your rights. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer provides information on Avvo as a service to the public, primarily when general information may be of assistance. Avvo is not an appropriate forum for an in-depth response or a detailed analysis. These comments are for information only and should not be considered legal advice. Legal advice must pertain to specific, detailed facts. No attorney-client relationship is created based on this information exchange. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, and can appear before administrative agencies throughout the country. She is eligible to represent clients in other states on a pro hac vice basis. ***

2. Attorneys who handle civil litigation or business litigation. An attorney would, most likely, first write a demand letter to the company to attempt to resolve the matter. You have four years from the date of the breach of written contract to sue. 949-481-6909.

Business topics