I hold a promissory from a startup co. They refuse to pay and don't answer the phone or email. What kind of lawyer do I need?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

Delaware company doing business out of San Diego, CA
Promissory note in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.
They ARE STILL IN BUSINESS as far as I know.
I would like to use AVVO as a tool to help find a lawyer but I don't know what category to look under. Can you help?

1. Shaun K. Boss

3

Answered . You need a business attorney to review the lending instruments. If the promissory note is typical, it gives you the right to accellerate the full principal balance due in the event of a default in payment.

2. Marilynn Mika Spencer

Answered . What is the promissory note for? A loan? A purchase? A personal injury settlement? It makes a difference with respect to the type of attorney you need.

3. Mark S Britton

Answered . I can't help, but one of these lawyers can:

http://www.avvo.com/search/lawyer_search?utf8=%...