I hold a Ph.D from USA , Am planning for early retirement. I want to move to us with my family :wife children 16,14, and 4 yrs

Asked 12 months ago - Wichita, KS

I have a daughter who was born in us but never come to state since she was 2 yrs. she is planning to come to state and apply for a job as dentist .

1. Stephen D. Berman

3

Answered . If your daughter moves to the U.S., she can file for you to immigrate. Getting a degree in the U.S., alone, is not a basis for you to immigrate to the U.S.

2. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

3

Answered . What's your timeline? If you want to make this happen rather soon, the option of having your daughter petition you is not a great one, because she would have to be 21 years of age, and your other children couldn't derive status from that petition.

With your academic credentials, you may want to look into one of a number of employment based immigrant and nonimmigrant options. Have an attorney explore the EB-1 and 2 categories with you. The other option is if you have the money to make a investment of $1 million in a qualifying, new commercial enterprise (or $500,000 if in certain areas) and can meet the requirements for an EB-5 immigrant visa.

3. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Your daughter can petition for you and your wife when she turns 21. It is best to consult an immigration attorney.