I hit a deer on the freeway.I sustained severe injuries. Can I sue my insurance company for pain and suffering, med pymts, etc?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Cleveland, OH

I have State Farm Insurance. I am covered for bodily injury/property damage, medical payments, uninsured motor vehicle- BI, and uninsured motor vehicle- PD. Can I sue my insurance company for medical payments and pain and suffering? I have lots of medical bills and have missed over a week of work. I am currently going to physical therapy.

Attorney answers (7)

  1. 8

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to review your auto insurance declarations page to determine the amount of your Medical Payments coverage. These are generally relatively low, with $5,000 to $10,000 being fairly standand. The amount listed on your policy is the maximum that your insurer would be requried to pay toward your treatment expenses. It is always best to attempt to have your health insurance pay any medical bills first and then use your Med Pay to cover your out of pockets and deductibles.

    Best of luck,

  2. 7

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You will get medical payments coverage though your Policy will dictate whether you have additional claims.

    Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  3. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your insurance should cover your medical bills.

  4. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your medical payments coverage is likely the only applicable benefits when you're at fault.

    Answering questions does not create an attorney/client relationship. I only am your attorney if I have entered... more
  5. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If Ohio is a liability insurance (at fault) state like Texas, then the only part of your auto policy that might provide coverage would be a medical payments or personal injury protection--and these tend to be small. Call your insurance, ask for the claims forms for pip and/or medpay and file a claim. Consult a local attorney to see if you have any further claims under your specific policy.

  6. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . They should pay your medical bills. It depends on the language of your insurance policy.

    The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-... more
  7. Answered . Your Medical Payments coverage with State Farm will pay for any accident related medical bills up to the limit of your coverage
    . Other than that, I do not see you as having a claim against State Farm. There was no other uninsured vehicle involved here and you do not appear to be insured for collision coverage either, based on your statement.

    Legal Disclaimer:

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

    Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

    This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Related Topics

Personal injury

If you suffer a personal injury as the result of the actions or negligence of another, you may seek financial compensation for physical or emotional damages.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

35,938 answers this week

3,848 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

35,938 answers this week

3,848 attorneys answering