I heard that if you go to prison now, when you get out, your fines are paid and you get your driver's license.

Redding, CA |

Is this true?? If so, what are the conditions or requirements for this? And when did this go into effect??? I heard something like you have to ask for a specific form during your intake to qualify for this. What about the people who were released prior to this and/or who did not know what to fill out to qualify??? Can you shed some light on this subject for me???

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I had listed this under DUI. I am actually using this WONDERFUL site as an information hub for a couple people I know who are really computer smart. It's not for DUI.

You question was listed under DUI and not general criminal. Assuming you went to prison for a DUI, then the answer most likely is no, you don't get your driver's license back when you leave. Assuming you had a Californa license to start, you'd have to participate in the DUI class/school as ordered by the court.

They don't cancel the DUI school requirement because of prison confinement, they just delay it.

Good luck with your situation.

Matthew Williamson

Vehicle Code 41500 provides for relief from some traffic violations when a person is sent to state prison. However, it specifically does NOT apply to DUI and offenses that involve a mandatory drivers license suspension.