Skip to main content

I haven't received any paper for workers comp about them paying for my miles

Stockton, CA |

When I go to the doctor visit or therapy
It been 3 weeks already

Attorney Answers 3

  1. I'll pop in the link to the state's form to demand reimbursement for your mileage... stick to MapQuest miles so the adjuster will okay it quickly (you pad it, and she has to go line-by-line and set it aside for 6 weeks).

    The Insurer MIGHT NOT KNOW about your claim... the employer often neglects to inform the insurance company, hoping you'll just return to full duty with no problems and they won't have any 'experience' on their rating.

    MAKE CERTAIN you fax and mail notice of the injury to the insurance company... there should be a poster at the workplace identifying the Comp Carrier.

    IF NOT, hit the website for the Workers Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau... WCIRB. they'll show you who insures your employer (if they can!).

  2. Great advice from Attorney Wallace.

    Good luck.

    DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

  3. They don't pay the mileage in advance. You have to request it after you actually go to the doctor, x-ray, physical therapy, pharmacy, etc. Ms. Wallace has given you the link to complete the request form. Once you submit it, give them 60 days to make the payment.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics