I have written a blog online saying that a certain person has committed marriage fraud for green card.

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

I am the victim in this and felt a need to warn people against my ex husband, particularly the ladies out there because he lies about everything pertaining to himself. Is this illegal or not because I have used his name. Can he sue me for defamation, though that's what happened, so if other people online can share their own stories in blogs or forums as to how they got duped for green card, why can't I write it myself by also mentioning his name online. Can he claim harassment, although it's my own business what I do in terms of exercising free speech and if he did not want to find himself in this embarrassing situation, then he should have though about the consequences of his fraud and taking advantage of people in the first place.

1. J Charles Ferrari

5

Answered . Can he sue you? Yes. In the US anyone can file a lawsuit against anyone for anything.
    Can he win? depends on the proof each of you can muster.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . Hard to say, He may sue you and truth will be your best defense since you are so insistant that he is indeed a fraud.

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

3

Answered . He can sue you.