I have written a blog online saying that a certain person has committed marriage fraud for green card.

Miami, FL |

I am the victim in this and felt a need to warn people against my ex husband, particularly the ladies out there because he lies about everything pertaining to himself. Is this illegal or not because I have used his name. Can he sue me for defamation, though that's what happened, so if other people online can share their own stories in blogs or forums as to how they got duped for green card, why can't I write it myself by also mentioning his name online. Can he claim harassment, although it's my own business what I do in terms of exercising free speech and if he did not want to find himself in this embarrassing situation, then he should have though about the consequences of his fraud and taking advantage of people in the first place.

1. Can he sue you? Yes. In the US anyone can file a lawsuit against anyone for anything.
    Can he win? depends on the proof each of you can muster.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. Hard to say, He may sue you and truth will be your best defense since you are so insistant that he is indeed a fraud.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. He can sue you.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Marriage and prenups topics