I HAVE WORKED AS A BANK TELLER FOR10 YEARS AND HAVE JUST HAD SURGERY ON DISCS ON CERVICAL i AM THINKING IT IS WORK RELATED

Asked over 1 year ago - Glenwood, AL

i STARTED AT THE BANK IN 2003 i STARTED HAVING PAIN IN MY RIGHT ARM IN 2005 i HAVE HAD 3 EPIDURALS AND THEY HAVE HELPED UNTIL NOW I HAD SURGERY i HAD A NEW MRI DONE IN MARCH BECAUSE I AM ALSO HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY LOWER BACK AND MY LEGS GOING TO SLEEP i AM ALSO SCHEDULED TO HAVE SURGERY ON THOSE DISCS I ONLY HAVE ABOUT 3 WEEKS AND MY FMLA WILL BE UP BUT i THINK SITTING IN THAT BANK CHAIR HAS CAUSED ALOT OF THESE PROBLEMS AND MAYBE I SHOULD BE ON WORKERS COMP i JUST NEED SOME INSIGHT ON ALL OF THIS .

1. David Philip Nomberg

2

Answered . The problems you described may be related to your job. Your doctor's opinion about whether your injuries are related to your job will be significant. However, due to certain time limitations under Alabama law as well as having to prove that your injuries are work-related, you need to contact an attorney specializing in workers' compensation claims.

2. Bernard Dobbie Nomberg

Answered . In order for your claim to fall under workers' compensation, your treating physician must be of the opinion that the injuries you described above were caused from either an accident at work or from a repetitive motion or activity you perform at work. Even then, you will likely have to file a lawsuit and allow a judge to decide whether the claim is compensable. It sounds like you need to consult with an attorney experienced in these matters.

3. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

1

Answered . You need to discuss all of this with your doctor. No attorney will be able to do you any good unless your doctor is able to render the opinion that your work activities caused or contributed to the injuries which are being treated.

An experienced Workers' Compensation attorney can help to guide you through this process.