I have won the DV 2015 lottery .I want to talk about the steps ahead of me considering

Asked 4 months ago - Lowell, MA

1) I came in USA as student in student F1-VISA starting spring 2014 and got married
2) My husband has been working in USA under H1B visa ?
Will my Student non-immigrant F1-visa and Husband's H1B visa be eligible for adjustment of status ?
3) We got married on 1st Feb 2014 but I applied for DV lottery last year around Oct 2013 as unmarried.
Can I add my husband now for adjustment of status to Permanent Resident?
Which is the best way to get Permanent residence Adjustment of status or Consular Processing(CP)?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

22

1

Answered . Apply through adjustment of status. You can submit form I-485 90 days before your number is reached.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

2

1

Answered . 1. Good question, but it doesn't appear to have anything to do with the lottery.
    2. Are you trying to squeeze him into your visa?
    3. What is your question?

You would be wise to talk to an immigration attorney ... these are complex and delicate matter that you are considering.

3. Morrie Pour Nourian

1

Answered . You can include him with your adjustment if status while you both are here legally. Better not risk the consular processing which may interfere with your f1 and his employment as h1.