I HAVE WON IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT BUT NOW WHAT I HAVE MORE DAMAGE NOW THEN BEFORE AND HAVE TO APPEAL RIGHT?

Asked about 2 years ago - Mcdonough, GA

I have won in small claims court as plaintiff due undone car repairs and defendant had to release my car now I have car back its all torn up looks like an abandon vehicle defendant just tore it up so now I want to appeal in state court I think I can as the plaintiff in state court right but if I can do that what happens to my original judgement as I am confused I was not awared enough money to fix car now that I have it in my possession but when judge gave judgement it was before I had my car so my questions are Iam in georgia can I appeal to state court as plaintiff and if ai can appeal case what happens to my original judgement amount Thanks!!!!

1. Ikemesit Amajak Eyo

1

Answered . Both the plaintiff and the defendant are entitled to file an appeal if they think that there was in error in the original judgment. All rules regarding when and how the appeal is filed must be adhered to. For this reason, it is not a good idea to attempt an appeal without the assistance of an attorney.

If a review on appeal is granted, the judge will decide either to enforce the original judgment or not. If it is not enforced, it may be reversed or the case may be sent down for a new hearing. The outcome depends on the reason(s) forwarded for the appeal, and the judgment of the court regarding those reasons.

I hope this answers your questions.

~ Kem Eyo