I have won an ALS appeal hearing, but the DMV is giving me the run around about giving me my license back.

Austell, GA |

I refused a breath test in January, I appealed the license suspension and had my first hearing on March 14th. Soon after that judge upheld my license suspension. My attorney appealed again and another judge overturned the previous judges decision rescinding my license suspension. I took a certified copy of the court order to a full service DMV and several hours and several calls later... I have been getting the run around and was even told by a rep from the hearing dept with the Ga DDS call center, that "we have to check this out because a judge can't overturn another judges decision". What type of idiots are our tax dollars paying to provide us with a public service?! Finally this morning another rep from the DDS legal dept told me that my attorney has to call them directly.

You are dealing with the bureaucracy at the DDS. It will be resolved. Your attorney needs to call the Legal Department at DDS. They can clear it up for you.

2. There should be an order in place you can take to DDS. Speak to your attorney and he or she will advise you how to obtain this document.

3. Have your attorney give them a call, he or she might be able to get a straight answer out of them. In the meantime, keep the order overturning the decision with you at all times, and be very careful driving.

The above information is general in nature. In order to obtain more specific and legal advice upon which to base your important decisions, please contact our office directly for a free phone or in person consultation. Robert M. Gardner, Jr. Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP hmgrmg@yahoo.com 53 W. Candler St. Or 718 Oak St. Winder, Ga. 30680 Gainesville, Georgia (770) 307-4899 (770) 538-0555 gadebtlaw.com hicksmasseyandgardner.com serving metro Atlanta and all of Northeast Georgia Bankruptcy, Divorce, Personal Injury, Worker’s Compensation, Medical Malpractice, Adoption, Civil and Criminal Litigation