I have warrant for not appearing in court. what do i do

Asked over 1 year ago - Council Bluffs, IA

my lawyer (public defender) never sent me anything telling me i needed to appear in court. then a week ago i get something in the mail from my lawyer telling me i have a warrant out for my arrest in johnson county. but i live council bluffs (300 miles away) what do i do and what could happen to me.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Colin Christopher Murphy

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Ask your attorney to have the warrant recalled because it wasn't a willful failure to appear. That might get the hearing reset.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,548 answers this week

3,216 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,548 answers this week

3,216 attorneys answering