Skip to main content

I have violated my probation in fl. i know why and i all that but my main thing is how much time am i facing if

Jacksonville, FL |

im turning my self in monday im currently employed,and would my probation officer know if i have any charges i just need some advice

Attorney Answers 4

  1. You need to help us out and give us more details.
    What is the underlying charge you were placed on probation probation for including the sentence.
    What was the basis of your violation.
    What conditions have you completed which are outstanding.
    How far in months or years have you gotten your probationary term.

  2. Before any of us can answer this, we will need to know what charge(s) you were on probation and if it was a felony, then what your prior criminal history was.

  3. Without knowing the charge you are on probation for, the reason for your Vop and your criminal history it's impossible to give you even a speculative answer.

    David R. Damore, Esq., Damore, Delgado, Romanik & Rawlins, Daytona Beach, FL, (386) 255-1400. Mr. Damore is a former Volusia and Broward County Prosecutor and an experienced criminal defense lawyer handling cases in both State and Federal Courts throughout Florida. The answer provided is for educational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney for legal advice regarding the facts of your specific case and designed to help you with your personal needs.

  4. Assuming you are in Jacksonville, go to the Duval County Clerk of Court website or you can just google "duval clerk Showcase". Once in Showcase, enter your name and date of birth. Pull up your prior case (the one you were on probation for). Pull up the disposition or judgment and sentence for your the case. There should be a code somewhere on the document that will be a letter (M or F) followed by a number (3, 2, or 1).
    M2 = Facing 60 days
    M1 = Facing 1 year
    F3 = Facing 5 years
    F2 = Facing 15 years
    F1 = Facing 30 years

    If the document says F1 PBL or CAP instead of one of the above codes, you could receive life.

    Keep in mind that your exposure will be reduced by any time you initially served in custody.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics