I have violated my probation in fl. i know why and i all that but my main thing is how much time am i facing if

Jacksonville, FL |

im turning my self in monday im currently employed,and would my probation officer know if i have any charges i just need some advice

You need to help us out and give us more details.
What is the underlying charge you were placed on probation probation for including the sentence.
What was the basis of your violation.
What conditions have you completed which are outstanding.
How far in months or years have you gotten your probationary term.

Before any of us can answer this, we will need to know what charge(s) you were on probation and if it was a felony, then what your prior criminal history was.

im on probation for grandtheft and i dont really have no back ground except a child neglect with nobodily harm.

Carolyn Capri Garber

Carolyn Capri Garber

You are looking at up to five years in prison at worst (assuming this is a 3rd degree felony grand theft). That doesn't mean you will get five years, just that 5 years is worst case scenario. Usually in Grand Theft cases the primary concern is getting restitution paid to the victim. If this has been done, you have a good chance of avoiding additional time, but this is a matter to discuss with your own attorney. If you can't afford one, ask the Court to appoint the Public Defender to your case. Good luck!

Carolyn Capri Garber

Carolyn Capri Garber

Also, have as much information regarding your house burning down, your efforts to find work, and your current stabilized situation so you can present it to the Judge and seek a second chance at probation. Any violation must be shown to be "wilful" so your attorney will have a chance to show there were some circumstances beyond your control.

ok thank you u was the most help to me so far n i have all that information for the case thank you so much

Without knowing the charge you are on probation for, the reason for your Vop and your criminal history it's impossible to give you even a speculative answer.

David R. Damore, Esq., Damore, Delgado, Romanik & Rawlins, Daytona Beach, FL, (386) 255-1400. Mr. Damore is a former Volusia and Broward County Prosecutor and an experienced criminal defense lawyer handling cases in both State and Federal Courts throughout Florida. The answer provided is for educational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney for legal advice regarding the facts of your specific case and designed to help you with your personal needs.

well see my house had burned down so i had to move from here to there with my kids so i didnt have a stable place to give her and address to not contacting her, i missed one payment of restitution i had a whole year to do my community hours and prior to that i really dont have no criminal history besides what im o probation for and thats grand theft and i have child neglect (no bodily harm) other than them to charges i dont have any back ground

Assuming you are in Jacksonville, go to the Duval County Clerk of Court website or you can just google "duval clerk Showcase". Once in Showcase, enter your name and date of birth. Pull up your prior case (the one you were on probation for). Pull up the disposition or judgment and sentence for your the case. There should be a code somewhere on the document that will be a letter (M or F) followed by a number (3, 2, or 1).
M2 = Facing 60 days
M1 = Facing 1 year
F3 = Facing 5 years
F2 = Facing 15 years
F1 = Facing 30 years

If the document says F1 PBL or CAP instead of one of the above codes, you could receive life.

Keep in mind that your exposure will be reduced by any time you initially served in custody.

Dale Christopher Carson

Dale Christopher Carson

Edit: Just saw that the charge was grand theft. We still not be able to tell you how much time you are facing because grand theft can be an F1, F2, or F3.

this is ,my first time violating probation im ust really hoping to get reinstated

Dale Christopher Carson

Dale Christopher Carson

Just depends on who the judge is. Some take violations much more seriously than others. Hopefully you paid a good amount of restitution and fulfilled some of the other conditions of probation prior to violating.

at the time they new i was not employed and had to kids and they was just telling me to just show that im trying but now im employed im trying to do better...

and i loooked on the website i dont see a F1,F2,F3 its nothing there