Skip to main content

I have violated 2x resulting with 2 separate arrests on my DWI Misdemeanor Probation. The arrests did not relate to another DWI

Buffalo, NY |

when i get sentenced can i request jail on weekends only, an ankle bracelet or house arrest due to the fact i have a small business if i am shut off from total communication from my customers i will lose my business will the judge at least consider this????

Attorney Answers 4


A Judge will consider any application but that doesn't mean he/she will grant it.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree

1 comment



Is it common or known to be at least heard or granted from your past experience under my current situation?


Talk to your attorney. He/She will best be able to tell you what parameters the judge will use at sentencing.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


Such a sentence is legally possible, and with appropriate documentation, may succeed, but only a local practitioner familiar with your case and the practices of the judge you are before can give you an accurate assessment of your chances.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Hopefully you have an attorney to help you? If not you should talk with one. Good luck.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics