I have violated 2x resulting with 2 separate arrests on my DWI Misdemeanor Probation. The arrests did not relate to another DWI

Buffalo, NY |

when i get sentenced can i request jail on weekends only, an ankle bracelet or house arrest due to the fact i have a small business if i am shut off from total communication from my customers i will lose my business will the judge at least consider this????

A Judge will consider any application but that doesn't mean he/she will grant it.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Is it common or known to be at least heard or granted from your past experience under my current situation?

Talk to your attorney. He/She will best be able to tell you what parameters the judge will use at sentencing.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

Such a sentence is legally possible, and with appropriate documentation, may succeed, but only a local practitioner familiar with your case and the practices of the judge you are before can give you an accurate assessment of your chances.

Hopefully you have an attorney to help you? If not you should talk with one. Good luck.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI