Skip to main content

I have used the name sherry for 50 years, birth records says cheryl, do I have to change it legally?

Salt Lake City, UT |

DMV put cheryl on new lis. Everything I have is under sherry. I am worried this will cause problems. Everything including my #SS has sherry. DMV says the law says I have to put birth name.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It might cause problems. That is a question that is hard to predict. If you want to minimize the risk of problems, or the severity of problems, then have your name changed legally.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer