I have unpaid medical bills, what is this debt collectors notice??

Virginia Beach, VA |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

I suffered from a severe kidney infection back in july of 2012 and didn't have my fathers social (insurance provider) to give the ER for my insurance, so i received the entire bill. I have yet to call it in to my insurance company and today i received a letter from an attorney at law in my area explaining that it was an attempt to collect a debt, but also continuously used the word "judgement". I have planned on calling this bill into my insurance provider to settle it and pay the difference, but will i still have to go to court? Sorry this is so lengthly, please help!

1. It isn't clear whether or not you were ever served or if you signed a confession of judgment at some point during treatment or if this has gone to court at any time for default judgment.

Since you have failed to address the matters in the past 9 months, you really need to take all documents to an attorney to review to determine what may have happened and to try to straighten things out.

Please note that this response is based upon the limited information available in the question. In addition, it is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship and is offered only as general information and not as legal advice.

2. What should have been a simple insurance matter is now a legal matter that has real potential to go south on you in a hurry. See an attorney immediately.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.