I have two weeks left on my probation.I was arrested.How long does it take for probation to know when I was arrested.

Fort Worth, TX |

There are 6 working days since this happened during the holidays. Do I have a chance probation won't find out that I was arrested since my probation ends in Jan 5?

1. Typically probation runs criminal history checks right before probation ends. They will probably pick it up. Also, many probation agreements require you to notify your probation officer immediately if you are arrested on a new charge. Check with your criminal defense attorney.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on Washington law as I am licensed in Washington. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. For more information, you can reach my office at: mark@bratlienlaw.com; 360-714-1911

2. Do you have a chance? Yes.

Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or even will represent the client. Responses to questions are provided and based upon the facts as stated in the question. While attorneys attempt to make a complete and accurate response, there is no guaranty or warranty that the response is correct. You are encouraged to seek qualified counsel, licensed in the state(s) which have jurisdiction over the matters for advice. You are also encouraged to be careful as to your postings as the postings are not confidential.

3. It varies from state to state. In Massachusetts it would be as soon as you are arraigned on your new matter and even if they found out after your probation ends the arrest still occurred within your probation. You should ask a lawyer in your state. Good luck.

4. Do your conditions of probation require you to report arrests to your probation officer? If so, when must that be done? If you fail to comply with a condition of probation that requires you to report arrests, that would be another violation.

Another question is whether the probation department and the prosecutor could get a motion to revoke filed and a warrant issued for your arrest before the probation expires. Back in my days as a prosecutor, I got all that done a few times in an afternoon. But, that required special attention and my walking the papers through myself. Would a Fort Worth probation officer and prosecutor care enough to go to that effort. I have no idea.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.