I have two ideas for a shoe . Should each idea be patented separately even though each idea can be used for one shoe ?

Crowley, TX |

I have not seen any shoes with the idea I've come up with, so there is nothing that I know of to compare to.

1. It sounds like you are interested in having someone help you with a design patent issue. Please contact a reputable patent attorney in your area to get specific advice on the details of your situation.

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs. www.figgardenlaw.com

2. Hi. You need to contact a Registered Patent Attorney. Many patent attorneys, such as myself, will give you a free initial consultation. It may be possible that the 2 ideas are variant embodiments of a single invention. But, only after an evaluation can this be determined.

3. Hi,

First thing you need to do is get straight regards to whether what you describe is a) patentable and b) worth the cost and effort even if it is.

To accomplish this, I would reach out to several patent lawyers and get a sense as to whether this is something worth pursuing before you do anything else.

Most of us here, including myself, offer a free phone consult.

Best regards,
    Frank
    Natoli-Lapin, LLC
    (see Disclaimer)

The law firm of Natoli-Lapin, LLC (Home of Lantern Legal Services) offers our flat-rate legal services in the areas of business law and intellectual property to entrepreneurs, small-to-medium size businesses, independent inventors and artists across the nation and abroad. Feel free to call for a free phone consultation; your inquiries are always welcome: CONTACT: 866-871-8655 Support@LanternLegal.com DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.

4. It's pretty common for innovative ideas to result in multiple inventions that result in multiple patents. In your case you likely can describe all your innovative ideas in one patent application, but only "claim" one of them at a time. For example, you can prepare one patent application discussing both innovations and then file it as two applications that are identical except that they pursue protection of different aspects, or you can file the application claiming only one of the inventive aspects now, and use a tool called a "continuation" to pursue the other inventive idea later. There's lots of ways to handle it. First, though, get with a patent lawyer and get your invention(s) evaluated for patentability.

(949) 721-6380 - Of course there's more to it! Plus, we don't have an attorney-client relationship. This brief comment is for information only, and must not be relied upon as legal advice.