I have two EINs for the same corporation. Legal zoom obtained one for me, and I got one too.. Is that a problem with IRS?

Asked over 1 year ago - Van Nuys, CA

I recently incorporated through legal zoom and they obtained my EIN, but I also went ahead a obtained one for the same entity. So, now I have two EINs for the same business. Is that a problem?

1. Michael Charles Doland

4

Answered . Yes, and you need to contact the IRS to cancel one.

2. Eric Jerome Gold

Pro

1

Answered . Multiple EINs are not OK for a single corporation. Mr. Doland is correct in that you need to contact the IRS and have one of those numbers cancelled.

3. Peter Collins Freeman

1

Answered . Yes, as noted by the prior answers from Mr. Doland and Mr. Gold, you need to contact the IRS as soon as possible to cancel one of the numbers.

4. John P Corrigan

Answered . BIG PROBLEM! You need to contact the IRS ASAP to explain the situation and then come to agreement as to which of the 2 EIN's will survive and which one will be deleted.