I have two DUi's within five years. If I go to buy a new car will my insurance company find out?

Tobyhanna, PA |

My insurance company does not know of my DUI's yet.

They will indeed

If you insure the new car with them, yes. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

The mere act of buying a new car will not alert your insurance company that you have had two DUI's in 5 years. It is likely that they were alerted after your license was suspened after at least the second DUI. If you don't have insurance now but will be applying for a new policy ( not just switching autos on and existing policy) they they will likely ask you if you have had any Traffic violations or convictions for DUI or license suspensions. There is also a good chance they will run your driving record if you are a new customer.

This information does not create an attorney /client relationship and should not be use or relied upon to make any decision in your case. Only consultation with your own attorney can provide you with the advice you need for your case.

Your insurance company will find out in either event.

Yes.

The application will lilely require you to disclose that information, be careful not to misstate anyyging as it could lead to additional charges of ibsurance fraud

All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself, create an attorney client relationship. Without the benefit a personal consultation to exploe all of the facts of your legal problem, the information in this posting may be inaccurate and for that reason it should not be relied upon. If you wish to consult with an attorney, or have any questions concerning this comment, please feel free to contact our offices through any of the above contact sources.

Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI