I HAVE TWO DUI ARRESTS IN CALIFORNIA,93 AND 96, ONE RECENT IN NEVADA 2012, WILL THE TWO FROM 93,96 COUNT AGAINST ME?

I WAS NOT DRIVING AND WAS ARRESTED IN A PARKING LOT

Las Vegas, NV -

Ross Carl Goodman

Ross Carl Goodman

DUI / DWI Attorney - Las Vegas, NV

The statute provides that if you have 2 prior convictions within the last 7 years then the 3rd would be charged as a felony. Given the dates, you should only be charged with a first DUI. Also, be sure to hire DUI attorney who can review your defenses relating to physical control of the vehicle.

Sponsored Listing
Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Jasen Bodie Nielsen

DUI / DWI Attorney - Santa Barbara, CA

The won't count against you directly, as they are too old to count as prior DUIs. However, prosecutor's have been known to seek additional jail time on a first-time DUI in such situations. Hire an attorney. Good luck.

Ryan Alexander

Ryan Alexander

Criminal Defense Attorney - Las Vegas, NV

This should only be a First DUI charge. If you were arrested in a parking lot not driving then you *need* to hire a private attorney to fight this one.

However, depending on the prosecutor they could use the old cases as justification for punishment beyond the minimum/standard negotiations.

Clark County, Nevada practitioner.
Sponsored Listing

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.