I HAVE TWO DUI ARRESTS IN CALIFORNIA,93 AND 96, ONE RECENT IN NEVADA 2012, WILL THE TWO FROM 93,96 COUNT AGAINST ME?

Las Vegas, NV |

I WAS NOT DRIVING AND WAS ARRESTED IN A PARKING LOT

1. The statute provides that if you have 2 prior convictions within the last 7 years then the 3rd would be charged as a felony. Given the dates, you should only be charged with a first DUI. Also, be sure to hire DUI attorney who can review your defenses relating to physical control of the vehicle.

The information presented here is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The Goodman Law Group, P.C. recommends that you consult an attorney with experience in your specific legal issue. Please contact us to schedule a confidential discussion of your situation. Such communication does not create an attorney-client relationship of any kind until a formal engagement agreement is signed by both you and the Goodman Law Group, P.C.

2. The won't count against you directly, as they are too old to count as prior DUIs. However, prosecutor's have been known to seek additional jail time on a first-time DUI in such situations. Hire an attorney. Good luck.

3. This should only be a First DUI charge. If you were arrested in a parking lot not driving then you *need* to hire a private attorney to fight this one.

However, depending on the prosecutor they could use the old cases as justification for punishment beyond the minimum/standard negotiations.

Clark County, Nevada practitioner.