I have two court orders for child support,one is for kids under 18 and the other is for adult kids (arrearages).Which one

Asked over 2 years ago - Toledo, OH

should my employer be sending the most money to? Shouldn't the one with minor kids come first? These orders are from two different states.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Answered . It really depends on the order. Is one for arrears and one for current support? Is this public assistance case? If it isn't, you could negotiate with the move to excuse part of the arrears.

Related Topics

Child support arrears

Child support arrears refers to support payments that are past due. There are several available options for collecting (or repaying) unpaid child support.

Child support modification

Either parent can request modification of a child support order due to changes in circumstances, such as different income or major changes in the child's needs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

35,264 answers this week

3,779 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

35,264 answers this week

3,779 attorneys answering