Skip to main content

I have two boys i let the dad see them he grows at his house he went and got a pp and he wants them to stay overnight i dont wtd

Burien, WA |

He gets to see them every time he asks . I don't think its safe for my boys to stay overnight. He has not paid any child support but he spent money to get an attorney and he handed me a parenting plan. We were together when he kept going to California for work he said but i found out he got married. I don't want my 5 year olds out of state. What do i do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Child support and visitation are not linked. It appears that you may want to take some non legal steps. You may want to go visit him at his home and meet his wife. You may want to have some idea of what the children have at his home. There was nothing above that stands for the proposition that the children should not be at his home overnight.

You can ask the court to not allow out of state travel without your permission and getting specific information about what he plans to do etc. You can ask the court to not allow over night visitation. However, you will have to mention a reason why it should be restrained. Failure to pay child support should not be high on that list.


Hire an attorney -- without one, you will have little chance of success.

Please note that THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and are for informational purposes only. This response is not intended to create any attorney-client relationship and is only based on the limited facts given. The response might change should additional facts be learned and should not be relied on as legal advice. It is recommended that you consult with an attorney who can properly assess the situation, as well as all pertinent facts, prior to taking any action based on the foregoing statements


You need a parenting plan to resolve these issues. See my AVVO Legal Guides on child custody, parentage cases, custodial interference and interstate child custody for more information about the legal issues raised by your inquiry. Please keep in mind that although these Legal Guides are often informative, they are no substitute for legal advice from an attorney you have retained for consultation or representation. There are always exceptions to the general rules. Click on my photo. On my AVVO home page click on "Contributor Level - View Contributions" or scroll down further and click on "Contribution - Legal Guides." Scroll down the list of my 29 Legal Guides and select the topics relevant to your question. If you like my answer and Legal Guides, please make sure you mark them as “helpful” or “best answer”.

This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this Answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes


When you say he got a Parenting Plan do you mean he had one drawn up by a lawyer but not signed by a judge or commissioner? Has this case been to court yet? Has there been a determination that he is the father of these two boys?

If you have not been to court yet the solution to your problems may be solved by you being more proactive and taking him to court with your own proposed Parenting Plan and the sooner the better. Get a decent lawyer to help you and file right away.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer