I have Traffic violations on my record that are not mine. What can i do to clear them? The person even went to court.

Cerritos, CA |

I have never broken any traffic laws.

1. I would suggest that you get copies of the citations and see who signed them. It's quite possible that your ID was stolen.

2. You may need to go to the court and have the cases added on to the court calendar to explain that your identity was stolen and have the court consider dismissing the citation as they relate to you. As mentioned, you may want to pull the court files and see who was signing for you.

3. It sounds like you have a tough road ahead of you. As my colleagues have suggested, the very first step is to get a copy of the court records. You may also want to check your credit report as it's possible that someone is using your information without your knowledge. Good luck.

This answer is for general informational purposes only and shall not constitute legal advice. I have answered a question on a public forum which does not establish any attorney-client relationship. For a more detailed legal analysis you should consult with a legal professional in your area.

Traffic tickets topics