I have tps and i want to go on a cruise can i travel and if i can what documents will i need

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

Advice from an immigration lawyer only

1. Jeffrey Adam Devore

3

Answered . An alien who has been granted TPS must be granted advance parole to travel outside the United States and re-enter. Traveling without a grant of advance parole results in the abandonment of the TPS application.

Even though one may have been granted TPS, that does not necessarily mean that it is smart to travel outside the U.S. Departing the country, even with permission from the government, can effect future eligibility for immigration benefits. I recommend you consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review your case with you and advise you as to any potential immigration consequences of your proposed travel.

2. Theodore Su-Tsoh Huang

3

Answered . Individuals who have TPS and intend to travel outside the USA need to apply for travel authorization in the form of an advance parole document. This allows you to leave and return to the US at a later time. If you've ever been in the US in unlawful status, consult with an immigration attorney to go over any potential risks.

3. Heather Louise Garvock

Pro

3

Answered . It is possible to obtain permission to travel, as my colleague mentioned. However, just because USCIS issues advance parole to an individual doesn't mean that it is advisable for that individual to actually use it. Please meet with an immigration attorney to discuss your personal immigration history before leaving the country.

Good luck!

4. Natalie Dian Hall

Pro

1

Answered . You will need to apply for advance parole on Form I-131. However as some of my colleagues have indicated, not because you can travel means you should. Furthermore, if you have been arrested since obtaining TPS status, you should meet with an immigration attorney to see if the crime will cause any difficulties with reentry.

Natalie hall, Esq.
    (407) 412-7035
    www.ndhlaw.com

5. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

2

Answered . You will need advance parole to travel.

321.208.7324
    immigration@rbrownllc.com