Skip to main content

I have to travel emergency to Israel

Brooklyn, NY |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

My I 485 is pending based on approved I 140 i have to travel asap i am in NY what should i do my lawyer doesnt call me back.

Attorney Answers 4


If you have something that proof an emergency you can make info pass appoitment and go to 26 Federal Plaza, take your receipt notice for I 485, proof of emergency and application 131

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

3 lawyers agree

1 comment



Thank you


If you are qualified, go to the USCIS office and apply for an advance parole travel document.

Please see

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful

13 lawyers agree


You will need advanced parole unless you are currently working in H-1B or L status and have a valid corresponding visa. You will otherwise abandon your I-485.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


You need to speak with your attorney as quickly as possible. While you may be eligible to file for travel permission while your application is pending, you may create a problem which does not surrently exist, and which may prevent you from getting your residence.

I would strongly urge you NOT to do anything without speaking to your lawyer first!!!

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. A consultation with an experienced attorney is always the best way to go.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics