Skip to main content

I have to take ard classes but I don't have all the money... what woukd they do

Harrisburg, PA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

First offense in my life

Attorney Answers 3


Speak to the attorney that got you the ARD, but in general they will allow for a payment plan, best of luck.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


I agree with Mr. Kaplun's assessment. The criminal system very much wants people to successfully complete the ARD program. ARD helps a great deal with overburdened criminal dockets. I would recommend, however, that you make REGULAR payments toward the financial obligations that come with ARD and be in a position to demonstrate that you are making a genuine effort to comply. Good luck.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Here's the dilemma, in Dauphin County, if that's where you're taking ARD, you need all the fees and costs up front. You may be able to get a continuance on your case for a few months until you save up the money. Other than that, you'll need to beg or borrow. They should work with you for a couple months. The office is extremely backed up.

This attorney is a member of Shaffer & Engle Law Offices, LLC (717-545-3032)) and is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania. There is no attorney client relationship created by this email. This response is provided for advertisement purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice upon which one should rely for the purposes of litigation, establishing a course of conduct, or representation. Responses are limited by the constraints of AVVO and, therefore, all issues presented should be discussed in full with an attorney who specializes in your field of inquiry. To discuss your case more fully, please contact us at (Criminal Law and Personal Injury) or (Family Law).

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics