Skip to main content

I have to sell real estate in Ecuador and need to provide POA for a relative there to handle it. How do I obtain it?

Norristown, PA |

Is this something I can obtain through a local Attorney or do I have to go to the Ecuadorian Consulate? If it can be done locally what information do I need to provide?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. I have handled a similar situation involving a property transfer in Malta. I would suggest contacting the Ecuadorian Consulate to determine the necessary procedure. You may be able to have the form drawn up by a local attorney and certified by the Consulate. That is what was done in our situation.

    Best of luck to you!

    James Frederick

  2. I would just add that you are likely going to need to find out the wording of the POA from your attorney in Ecuador, to meet the requirements of Ecuadoran law.
    The Consulate does have information on its webpage. (Link below). Good luck.