I have to sell real estate in Ecuador and need to provide POA for a relative there to handle it. How do I obtain it?

Asked about 5 years ago - Norristown, PA

Is this something I can obtain through a local Attorney or do I have to go to the Ecuadorian Consulate? If it can be done locally what information do I need to provide?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. James P. Frederick

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . I have handled a similar situation involving a property transfer in Malta. I would suggest contacting the Ecuadorian Consulate to determine the necessary procedure. You may be able to have the form drawn up by a local attorney and certified by the Consulate. That is what was done in our situation.

    Best of luck to you!

    James Frederick

  2. Linda Friedman Ramirez

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . I would just add that you are likely going to need to find out the wording of the POA from your attorney in Ecuador, to meet the requirements of Ecuadoran law.
    The Consulate does have information on its webpage. (Link below). Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,830 answers this week

3,606 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,830 answers this week

3,606 attorneys answering