I have to go to family court in a couple of days for a PFA violation, will they urine test me?

Scranton, PA |

I am out on 10,000 unsecured bail. It is my first offense PFA violation. I am just wondering if they will urine test me?

Probably not, though it is a technical possibility.

Thank you.

I don't think that will happen, however it is possible. The judge may order it. However, that usually does not happen. To the extent that I don't know all of the facts surrounding your situation it would difficult to answer your question with more accuracy.

Attorney Michael Kotik, Esq.
Two Penn Center (Philadelphia)
1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220
Philadelphia, PA 19102
(215) 564-1010 (Direct Line)
(267) 265-4553 (Cell Phone) (Email)

Answers are not of fact, but rather the opinion of the attorney answering the questions asked. At no time does this answer create an attorney-client relationship. To the extent that these answers may become available to the general public there is no confidentiality as it pertains to this answer or question. The law changes frequently, and the material on this website is for general information purposes only and neither constitutes nor is intended to be legal advice. Prior to acting based upon this general information you SHOULD seek legal counsel regarding your specific legal matter. The outcome of every case is dependent on the specific facts and legal circumstances of each individual case. This website is not an offer to represent you, which can only be made after a consultation with one of the attorneys from Kotik, P.C. The Lawyer answering this question does not intend to practice in any other jurisdictions where it is not licensed. Attorney is Licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The firm does not seek to represent anyone viewing this website in other jurisdictions, and the website may not comply with the laws and ethical rules of states other than Pennsylvania and New Jersey. If you have any questions please contact my office at 215-564-1010. Law Office of Michael Kotik, P.C., | | 1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19102

Probably not however in Lackawanna County if you admit to a PFA violation or if you are found to have violated the PFA you certainly could expect to be tested going forward.