Skip to main content

I have to go to court for an old warrant from 2002,whats going to happen?

New York, NY |

i was stopped for drinking in public and an old warrant from 2002 pop up that i thought was resolved,it was for a assault charge.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Go with a lawyer. You may have bail set on you if you can't adequately explain where you've been for 7 years.


On returns on warrants a lawyer will generally not be provided for you. i would suggest ABSOLUTELY that you bring a private attorney with you as you may be facing being incarcerated then and there due to the length of the delay, furthermore you may be facing additinal charges of felony bail jumping due to the length of absence... this in and of itself would be cause for a bail change and could potentially at the very least result in bail being imposed and you being held till the time when such bail can be posted.

I would suggest bringing an attorney with you and save yourself the potential headache which would come along with this situation going wrong.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer