I HAVE TO GET AN INTERLOCK PUT IN MY CAR. MY QUESTION IS SHOULD I GET MONITECH OR SMART START? I HAVE SEEN BAD REVIEWS ON BOTH

Charlotte, NC |

I DO NOT DRINK BUT HAVE HEARD HORRIBLE REVIEWS OF ALL OF THE FALSE READINGS.

The Smart Start equipment is generally newer as they have only been providing the service in NC for a year. Monitech is the older company and we have had many bad experiences with them. If you have a problem b certain to get an attorney involved. I have seen too many people come into our office only after they have lost their interlock privileges.

I do certainly understand that I would go in with an attorney each time a false reading would happened, the hearing officer even suggested that which certainly meant a lot to me. So back to your answer; are you suggesting smart start or monitech?? I am aware that Smart Start has only been allowed in NC for a year now. Two things alarm me; would they treat Smart Start/users differently due to the law suit that they had with NC and never wanted the in the first place? Secondly, understandably they have only a year into it but is there no track records/ reviews from attorneys that have had to fight a false case with Smart Start? The only reviews I read are from years ago and nothing in NC. I know I can not be the only person with this dilemma.....Please help!!!! I just want the best one to where I don't get stranded or have to go through the whole attorney process again! I don't drink and just want to drive again with the least amount of bs with this interlock. So can some please tell me in the state if NC, which would you recommend been the two?? Thank you!!

I agree with Mr. Dummitt's answer.

Every case and situation is different and vary greatly depending on specific facts. My posts are not to be considered complete answers to each question. My posts do not constitute an attorney/client relationship. I am only licensed to practice in the State of Florida and in federal courts. Florida Bar #337821, admitted 1982.

Generally SmartStart is better in that they have newer equipment and they also have been running "specials" to try to attract business which may mean they are cheaper. Monitech was the older provider and not very responsive in all cases.

<a href="http://www.chetson.com">Raleigh criminal lawyer</a> Damon Chetson represents people in Raleigh, Cary, Apex, and the rest of Wake County, North Carolina. The information provided here is for educational purposes only and should not be relied upon as the specific facts may change the potential advice. Consult with a licensed <a href="http://www.chetson.net">Raleigh criminal lawyer</a> or <a href="http://www.chetson.com">Raleigh DWI attorney</a> in your jurisdiction about your legal question or problem. For a free consultation about a North Carolina case, call (919) 352-9411 day or night, any day of the week.

DUI topics