I have to file for bankruptcy and I have met an attorney already, his price seems very high. How much does this service cost?

Asked over 1 year ago - Kent, WA

This lawyer went through all my information and said i should file chapter 7 bankruptcy. I do feel a great releif but am embarrassed. I would just like to know how much this usually costs? Just a range in price that lawyers charge please. I greatly appreciate your time. Thank you.

1. Thomas A McAvity

Pro

1

Answered . You can call our office directly at 206-674-4559 for a fee quote so that you have a basis of comparison.

2. Mark Charles McClure

Pro

1

Answered . Hi, this really depends on the level of experience of the attorney, the amount of time the attorney spends on your case rather than a non-attorney, the complexity of your finances, and whether or not you make a larger than average income. Our fees vary from a steep senior discount of $1350 to $2,500 or higher if you are self employed. I have been practicing bankruptcy law since 1994 and we give our clients easy and free access to their attorneys. I would be happy to talk to you and give you an initial quote after discussing your case.

3. John Anton Sterbick

1

Answered . Hi,
    We are conveniently located in Tacoma and my fees range from $1100.00- $1500.00 for a personal chapter 7.

I am not your attorney and am not giving legal advice.
  4. Thomas Martin Morningstar

1

Answered . Shop it. I can tell you that McClure is local to you. I can also recommend Mr. Sterbick as well. If all else fails call Edgar Hall (206)535-3559

5. Gary D. Bollinger

Pro

1

Answered . You did not list the amount of fees.

I cannot answer a dollar specific question without the dollars listed.

6. Deborah F Bowinski

1

Answered . In my practice the fees I quote cry directly with the specifics I the situation. I have filed chapter 7 cases within the last year for a fee of $1200 on the low end and $3300 on the high end. Each case is different and requires different amounts of work, time, and expertise. Add to that the fact that there are regional differences both in practices and in fees, and it becomes clear that there really is no such thing as a typical fee. One thing that is certain, is that you do not want to sacrifice experience or quality in order to save some money. I would never hire a "bargain basement" professional for any job let alone legal representation.

7. Carl H Starrett II

1

Answered . Fees vary by attorney and by location, but I agree with Ms. Bowinksi's comments. You get what you pay for with respect to legal fees.