I have to argue pro se on petition to sell home with supreme court where can i find cases similar to mine to present my case?

Asked about 1 year ago - Bayshore, NY

I filed a petition asking for judicial intervention on my parent's home willed to my brother who lives there to help me sell the home. He backed out of the contract to buy my share...had me list the home with a broker and has refused all solid offers close to asking price. He is stalling, not paying the taxes so i have to pay the taxes and he refuses me to come to the home. Since the court asked us to appear pro se for an oral argument, Aug 1, 2013, I need to find cases similar to mine to support my request. I have the contract of sale he breached with me, contract with broker, and emails which he refuses all offers. But i need legal cases and don't know where to look to help support my argument..please help. Thank you.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . You can try Google scholar or go to a law library at the court and ask the librarian for help using Westlaw. However, doing legal research is a skill that takes years of practice to develop. Google scholar is okay but not as precise ad Westlaw.