I have to apply for my husband who is in mexico we will be appying in mexico do you no how long it takes to get a green card ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Grand Rapids, MI

he has been living in mexico 3 years now and was caught living in the u.s but left here on his own

1. Michael Hugh Carlin

2

Answered . We would need to ask you and your husband many questions in order to determine whether he would be eligible to return legally to the United States. It sounds quite likely that he would need a waiver of one or more grounds of inadmissibility. Depending on his prior immigration history and criminal history (if any), he might or might not be eligible to apply for the waiver.

Please consult with an immigration attorney to have the best chance of success.

Michael Carlin
    Immigration Attorney

Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC
    3365 Washtenaw Avenue, Suite 209
    Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104
    Phone: 734.369.3131
    Fax: 734.259.4801
    Website: mcarlinlaw.com Sitio en español: mcarlinlaw.com/es/
    Email: mike@mcarlinlaw.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/mcarlinlaw Twitter: twitter.com/mcarlinlaw

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Depends on your status and his immigration history.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

Answered . He needs a waiver. Will take from year to two and you need an immigration attorney. I assumed you are a USC.