Skip to main content

I have three kids, american citizen and we currently living in Mexico, we want them to study at the USA.What should I do?

Rochester Hills, MI |

We use to live in Michigan for 7 years but due to my husband job now we arel iving in Mexico, however we want the kids study at the USA, my hunsband and I have a visitor visa for 10 years so how should I asked for temporary visa in order to be with the kids while they situdy there, all kids are american citizen and under age of 10. we were also thinking in investment visa so could I have your best advise of what to do? kind regards.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You won't be able to relocate to the U.S. with a visitor's visa, no matter what immigration status your children hold. Investment visas are complex and require a substantial investment of time and money. Schedule a consultation with an immigration attorney to determine if your business may qualify. Good luck!


I agree with Atty Whitt


I agree with the previous post. The only way youcouldcome is either through employment or family sponsorship otherthan investor visa if you choose that option. Should you wish to explore the possibility talk to an attorney in private who would be able to advise you on your specific situatioi. Best Wishes!
Lalita Haran
13295 Illinois st ste 128
Carmel IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174


There is unfortunately no way for you to get any status through your young children. If you own a business or are wealthy, you may be able to qualify for an E1/E2 or L visa; these require much evidence and advance planning, however. There are also other visas based on employment. Make an appointment with an attorney.

Law Office of Mary K. Neal | || 773-681-1335 This answer is intended as public information about a legal topic. Answers posted here do not create an attorney-client relationship. For specific legal advice, please make an appointment to speak with an attorney in private.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer