I have three credit cards with Bank of America which I want to discharge in Bankruptcy Chapter 7.

I prepared master mailing list and listed Bank of America only once. Is it fine, or should I lists them three times? I listed them in schedules three times.

San Diego, CA -

Carrie Elizabeth Hurtik

Carrie Elizabeth Hurtik

Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney - Las Vegas, NV

You should list them all separate if they are different accounts with Bank of America. However, if the address for all three cards is the same they only need be listed on the mailing list once. Also, if any of these have been turned to collection you should make sure that you list the collection agency in additional notice so they are notified as well.

Carolyn J Olson

Carolyn J Olson

Bankruptcy Attorney - Westminster, CA

I agree, you should list them all separately, if they are different accounts with Bank of America. However, if the address for all three cards is the same they only need be listed on the mailing list once.

However, you should look at the statement carefully or call them as there often is a different address for Bankruptcy notices and this address can be different for all three accounts. So be sure you verify the address for each account.

Again, I agree that if any of these have been turned to collection you should make sure that you list the collection agency also.

Diane L Gruber

Diane L Gruber

Bankruptcy Attorney - West Linn, OR

If the address for each credit card is the same, then you can just list them once. But if the addresses are different, list each of them. You should not try to handle this without an attorney.

Brian Crozier Whitaker

Brian Crozier Whitaker

Bankruptcy Attorney - San Diego, CA

Keep in mind ... the more addresses you have on your matrix, the more postage your costing the court - and yourself, down the road, if you have to notice the creditors with some pleading. For that reason, I, personally, don't bother with collection agencies (they always seem to get the word) or multiple addresses for BofA (the San Diego Court will notice BofA at the address it has on file for them anyway).

Pamela Faye Trachtman-Allen

Pamela Faye Trachtman-Allen

Bankruptcy Attorney - Virginia Beach, VA

If there are different account numbers for each card, then they each need to be listed in Schedule F of your petition. Look on your statements from Bank of America and each different address for each account needs to be listed in your creditor matrix.