I have the right to ask Citizenship Through my dad

Asked about 1 year ago - Toms River, NJ

my dad U.S. citizen and now i am her in USA from 1 month i and i am 35 years old i born in 1978 and my father take the citizen in 1992 i think i would like to know i have right to ask for it or what
and thanks for help

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Eric M. Mark


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It depends on whether you were living with your father in 1992, what your immigration status was, and if your parents were married at the time. You need to call an immigration lawyer to review the details.

  2. Steven Sahag Vosbikian


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I believe you are asking whether or not you derive citizenship. Based on these facts, I do not believe you do.
    At least one parent would have to be a citizen, you would have to be under 18, and you would have had to be residing in the US as an LPR as your father's legal custody. You do not meet these requirements.

    VOSBIKIAN & VOSBIKIAN, L.L.C. (856) 755-1400, e-mail: ssvosbikian@voslaw.com - Offices in Atlantic City, Cherry... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,145 answers this week

3,150 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,145 answers this week

3,150 attorneys answering