I have the deferred action social security but I just got married this past Saturday.

Asked over 1 year ago - Camp Lejeune, NC

I want to know if I can change my last name to his in the social security office and if it won't affect in anything? Can I change it or what can I do?

1. Michael Hugh Carlin

8

Answered . Did you receive your employment authorization card? If you want to change the name on that card, you would need to file a request with USCIS. To change your name on your Social Security Card, go to a Social Security office with your marriage certificate and ask for a name change. Social Security might tell you that you need to change your name on your employment authorization card.

2. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

7

Answered . Yes it can be done after marriage. You should change the name on the ead as well if you are changing your name.

919.225.3963
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationNC.com

3. Pradeek Susheelan

Pro

5

Answered . You may have to request USCIS to change your name on your EAD as theis often requested by SS offices. Although you should really be allowed to change your name with your marriage certificate, I'd and EAD card.http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/app/answers/detail/...