Skip to main content

I have the deferred action social security but I just got married this past Saturday.

Camp Lejeune, NC |

I want to know if I can change my last name to his in the social security office and if it won't affect in anything? Can I change it or what can I do?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Did you receive your employment authorization card? If you want to change the name on that card, you would need to file a request with USCIS. To change your name on your Social Security Card, go to a Social Security office with your marriage certificate and ask for a name change. Social Security might tell you that you need to change your name on your employment authorization card.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

  2. You may have to request USCIS to change your name on your EAD as theis often requested by SS offices. Although you should really be allowed to change your name with your marriage certificate, I'd and EAD card.

  3. Yes it can be done after marriage. You should change the name on the ead as well if you are changing your name.